We work to
The Hunt Club community is home to 13 000 people.
We are their community association.
We publish a quarterly newsletter, Hunt Club: My Community. To
register for electronic copies, click
- maintain and improve the residential character, environment, and quality of life in Hunt Club,
- promote the interests of Hunt Club residents, and
- present the concerns of Hunt Club to all levels of government.
Our current major activities include
- sponsoring community festivals: Year End 2017, Canada 150, yearly fall festivals;
- sponsoring an annual community-wide garage sale;
- building a community garden in Cahill Park;
- improving traffic flow along Riverside Drive and Hunt Club Road;
- improving transit access from our community to all areas of Ottawa by OCTranspo and LRT;
- encouraging residents to look after our parks and green spaces, especially Paul Landry Park rejuvenation.
The Hunt Club community is a special place:
- We have an especially mixed demographic in age groups, ethnocultural backgrounds,
socio-economic levels and family set ups. Our neighbourhood includes single dwellings,
semi-detached units, townhouse units, apartment buildings, retirement homes, and an exceptional
number of co-ops that offer rent-to-income housing and village-like living. Our housing ranges
from million dollar mansions to Ottawa Community Housing.
- We're safe and friendly, within walking distance of many needed amenities and easy driving
distance to most areas of Ottawa (except at rush hour of course).
- Our bridge over the Airport Parkway
provides walking and cycling access to the Sawmill Creek wetland, the South Keys Transitway
station and the South Keys shopping center.
- We've the second largest complex of Asian markets and services in Ottawa.
- We've three times the green space as the Ottawa average, including the Sawmill Creek wetlands
and Rideau River shoreline.
- We've 5 minute access to the international airport and its hotels and convention center.
- We've a great community centre that offers lots of opportunities for exercise and artistic
- The prestigious Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club has been part of the community for over 100 years.
Next Meeting |
Our Area |
Our Names |
Our History |