Minutes of Meeting 2 October 2006
- Fred MacLennan, President
- Alan Asselstine, Treasurer
- Peter Brimacombe, Secretary
- Gisèle Loiselle-Branch, Director
- Shelley Parlow, Director
- John Sankey, Director
- Pat Murphy, Councillor's Office
- Maria McRae, City councillor
Motion: To pay $20 to the National Capital Freenet to renew our account. Moved by John Sankey,
seconded by Alan Asselstine. Carried.
Motion: To invite Rod Bryden to our Annual General Meeting, 6 Nov 2006 at 19:30. Moved by Alan
Asselstine, seconded by Shelley Parlow. Carried.
City councillor, Maria McRae reported on the following:
- She sent a letter to seniors asking their opinion of expanding the Community Centre. She
will follow up with a meeting.
- OC Transpo will introduce the Transit Smart Card in 2008 as a convenient way of buying
- The City is developing a pilot program to provide snow removal services for needy seniors.
The program is a fee-for-service with a volunteer component and various organizations
providing the service. Community groups will be contracted to provide the service
similar to the way the outdoor ice rinks are maintained.
- While commenting on a stabbing on a bus, the Police Chief assured the public that there will
be incidents but the data shows that we live in a safe city.
- The City will once again hold a Short Story Contest for residents 55 and older.
Fred McLennan started a discussion about the Hunt Club website
Alan Asselstine described the pathways along the constructed wetlands.
He provided copies of maps and described how the wetlands would connect to the new train
station at South Keys.
Next meeting: Annual General Meeting, Mon 6 Nov 2006 at 7:30pm