KEY ISSUES DISCUSSED AT 3 MARCH 97 MEETING
- Fred McLennan, President
- Ken Donnelley, Community Development
- Bill Royds
- Ann Brandel, SOGRAT
- Nancy Seabe, Community Development
- Wendy Steward, RMOC councillor
- Karin Howard, City Ward OT8 councillor
- Gisèle Loiselle-Branch
l. WENDY STEWART reported:
- 80 km. dangerous for bicyclists
- most of us present agree to leave at 70 km/hr.
4. McCarthy woods has priority, the problem is the adjacent land
to McCarthy woods.
5. South Keys
- - Last Tuesday was the last meeting on issues.
- - Mayor's son is the agent for South Key development (conflict)
- - Karen might get in writing so that she can bring conflict
of interest to council.
- - Cahill resdients were promised no road extension for 20
years or at least until South Key mall was totally
- - Karen voiced that she was the only one to vote against because
of promise of Johnson road was not kept.
- - Cash was offered in lieu of green space - 2% of cost for
parkland is the law.
7. Mega Week will be announced soon in papers.
8. Rabies Vaccination - Owners will have to prove whenever kids
get bitten, scratched or scared.
9. Governance in Ottawa/Carleton
- - 2 elections will be needed
- - Hopefully next 6 months will have solutions.
- - Federal gov't will dissolve itself
- - Municipal councillors have to agree before Dec.'97
- - In general there is one vote per taxpayer, how will they
accomplish that and from border to border starting with urban
areas. Note that regional family helps thos farmland areas.
- - Karen mentioned that she will not give her ideas until she
hears from voters.
- - There will be an election of delegates in Fall '97.
- - Regional and city council have been doing so well in the
past 2 yrs.
- - Karen said that it's because many changes were because the
council is from younger generation.
- - Will have to come up with a process real soon.
- - Waiting on feedback from group before 12th to be able to
- - Karen is inviting Wendy Friday at noon, at the regional
- - Will the money they save be re-implemented in new services?
- - Large hospitals are more cost/efficient
3750 Bowesville Road - cash was offered in lieu of Parking application.....